The following links are for tables showing the accuracy and completeness of recording groups of clinical codes - groups of diagnoses recorded as Main Condition and groups of procedures recorded as Main Operation. A group code is classed as being 'correctly recorded' when assessment shows ANY code from that group should be recorded - in other words the recorded group 'hit the group target'.
- Cerbrovascular Disease
- Coronary Heart Disease
- Other Heart Disease
- Peripheral Vascular Disease
- C15-C26 Malignant neoplasms of digestive organs
- C30-C39 Malignant neoplasms of respiratory and intrathoracic organs
- C50 Malignant neoplasms of breast
- C51-C58 Malignant neoplasms of female genital organs
- C60-C63 Malignant neoplasms of male genital organs
- C64-C68 Malignant neoplasms of urinary tract
- C76-C80 Malignant neoplasms of ill-defined, secondary & unspecified sites
The areas in the tables are colour coded:
Episodes where a group code was correctly recorded in Main Condition or Main Operation
Episodes where a group code was recorded as Main Condition or Main Operation and a non-group code should have been recorded instead
Episodes where a non-group code was recorded in Main Condition or Main Operation and a group code should have been recorded instead
In these tables:
- Accuracy means the percentage of cases where the Main Condition or Main Operation coded recorded on the SMR01 hit the group target
- Sensitivity is the number of times the group was correctly recorded as a percentage of the true number of times it should have been recorded
- Completeness is the net balance of recorded, under-recorded and over-recorded group codes as a proportion of the true number of codes required as Main Condition or Main Operation in the sample
Group accuracy figures are more relevant when selecting cases for more detailed analysis e.g. when using data linkage.
Group completeness figures are useful when counting the number of cases falling into the group at national level. This figure may be of use when producing summary statistics for a group at national level.