Data analyses and reports
- Detailed incidence and mortality data, lifetime risk, prevalence and survival statistics: Cancer of the pancreas
- A summary table of the main statistics for pancreatic cancer.
Below are the most recently updated data. Please note:
- Within each page some files are quite large and may take a few minutes to download.
- You may need to use the drop-down menus within the spreadsheets to define your selections of 'Area of Residence', 'Sex', and 'Cancer site/type' to find the data that you require.
Cancer of the pancreas: ICD-10 C25
Annual incidence [937KB] (most recent 25 years) by age, sex, network and health board
Five year summary of incidence [187KB] by age, sex, network and health board
Annual mortality [754KB] (most recent 25 years) by age, sex, network and health board
Five year summary of mortality [168KB] by age, sex, network and health board
Survival [33KB] (by age and sex) at 1, 3, 5 & 10 years after diagnosis (1983 onwards)
Survival summary [450KB] and interpretation at 1 & 5 years after diagnosis (1983 onwards)
Cancer prevalence [50KB]
Lifetime risk [45KB] of cancer by age and sex
Incidence and mortality by deprivation category [29KB]
Summary statistics for pancreatic cancer
|Rank - incidence||12||8|
|Rank - mortality||5||5|
|Percentage frequency of all cancers||2.6%||2.5%|
|Number of new cases diagnosed in 2011||378||397|
|Number of deaths recorded in 2011||358||344|
|Change in incidence from 2001 to 2011||+17.5%||+12.6%|
|Change in mortality from 2001 to 2011||+5.5%||+5.3%|
|1 year relative survival for patients diagnosed between 2003 and 2007||15.3%||16.1%|
|5 year relative survival for patients diagnosed between 2003 and 2007||3.6%||2.9%|
1. Survival figures are not age standardised.
2. Change in incidence and mortality is estimated by Poisson regression.